The quality of one’s thoughts will dictate the quality of solutions one will entertain – paraphrased quote
We have a mind that likes to associate thoughts of similar types. If we’re upset about one thing, our mind will have an easier pulling up similar upsetting thoughts from other areas of life.
Birds of a feather… flock together
That’s why happy folks tend to have happy friends. Much like unhappy people tend to have unhappy friends.
Misery loves company
The experiment from 2017 has been fun. It was expanded a bit more in 2018.
Motivational Monday 2018
For those who prefer to binge read, it makes sense to gather the various posts into one place. As the year continues, the new posts will be added to this page. Making it a good bookmark-able page.
Without further introductions, enjoy the collection of positive thoughts to kick off your work week. Stay motivated on purpose!
- One way to make goals stick - To succeed, one needs habits of success. Sometimes, to get those... one needs to use what one has..... anchoring habits. It's not about will power... it' s about using what works to get better performance. Not convinced? Check out the power of anchoring habits on this blog post then.
- Work in Silence - We brag too early about what we will do (some of us) The nay-sayers are able to snuff out our momentum because they know too much too soon. Work in silence... get the goals crushed... let the results speak for themselves.
- Social Average of Success - One can influence many but it is easier for many to influence one. Who did you select to influence you? What's your average looking like? Post influence by a Jim Rohn quote
- Keep Moving - Some are quick to give up on dreams when the going gets tough. Staying in your lane means... staying the course until success. Motivation Monday. Keep Moving
- Question of Trust - The way we trust ourselves... says a lot about how we trust others. Especially in the ability to learn, recover, grow, and move forward. Happy Monday - Motivation based on a Quote
- Levels of Awareness - The degree of self-awareness plays a role in how well we get along with others. People's actions tells us a lot about their degree of awareness Happy Motivated Monday
- Growth vs Change - We know about the perils of a fixed mindset. We're advised to have a growth mindset. No one speaks about the reluctance to face change in the context of growth. The small play on words had big implications
- New Quarter New Hopes New Season - When Mother Nature thinks it's still Winter instead of Spring and lets snow fall as an April's Fool Joke.... bounce back with renewed ambition to make this quarter amazing!
- Life Can Be Like Sports - Using the Analogy of Sports to help build out the concept of winning as a habit. Build your winning team and get your goals done! On a professional level
- The Mind That Learns - The beginning of anything starts with learning. Keep on learning. Keep applying what you've learned. Motivational Monday - based off an inspirational quote
- Making Baby Steps Work - When tackling the impossible, start with the doable and work to the possible. Baby steps do add up to long distances... over time
- Life changes does changing blogging pace - when faced with sleepless nights with a newborn....gotta change writing tactics to get a blog post done
- Seeking Peace - Self-care and self-love are not memes to ignore. It's the key to finding peace. Make time to find peace... so that you can better handle the stresses of life. Without inner peace... you're not the only one to suffer... others hurt too
- Care for another cup of coffee? - Sleep is critical. Especially if you're trying to live without coffee A few life lessons learned that helps keep Monday from feeling extra blue
- A smile says so much… - It's more energy efficient to smile than it is to frown. Lady GiGi shows us how to smile brightly Photo Inspired Words to kick of a motivated Monday
- It’s the back to school rush - The mindset of back-to-school is how this blogger and father will continue to level up his writing game. Cheers to all the students who have rushed back in to school safely
- Riding A Heatwave - Humans are very resilient. But heat is no joke. Stay hydrated and be careful At the time this post goes live, thoughts and prayers to all recovering from the big storm.
- Forgive Thyself - It's fine to forgive strangers, family, friends. It's the right thing to do. How about ourselves? We are such harsh critics on ourselves and often times destroy our own mind in the process. Forgive yourself
- When Life Seems Hard… - Hard times does not always call for more grind and more hustle Sometimes... you have to fall back, take care of yourself, get stronger, than return fresher
- Can’t blame fate, but can optimize fate - We often want to blame our circumstances. They aren't always ideal However. What we do with what we have... makes all the difference in what we will end up with
- Playing Small Can Lead a Person to Miss Out on Opportunities - After amazing feedback from a presentation I did recently, humbly realizing how many opportunities I'm missing by playing small Relying on accountability partners to level up and not miss out on blessings/opportunities
- Greatest Investment? - Know yourself. Be true to yourself. Applying what you know... is your greatest power. So, the more you know, the better options you have. The single greatest investment, therefore... is.... Read the post to confirm what you believe to be correct :)
- The Brick Wall - Taking a story from childhood and remixing it into the blog's original go at poetry Life lessons on having the right mindset for success
- During the holiday season, wishing everyone well - Wishing everyone a happy holiday season Making some small changes to the blog.. gearing up for the new year...sending positivity Also... letting readers know a little about what's going on in the writer's life (mine) Cheers!
For a comprehensive list of all the chapters of Monday Motivation, please see the portfolio links below.
The segment called Motivational Monday is aggregated by years. This is the 2017 collection
Working to have better more consistent posts of the motivational variety to kick off weeks
The collection lives here
One day… a collection will be complete enough to be published… until then.. the collection grows
The home of all Motivational Monday posts for 2019
Starting off early… with the goal of filling this page each week with a new post